Happiness: Elusive or Accessible?
The most complex emotion for me to explain has been "HAPPINESS". I remember googling ways to achieve happiness at some point in my life when I felt stuck in dullness. I followed a lot of methods but ended up having my own version of everything. All this resulted in me finding my own meaning for happiness. And trust me, it is different for every different individual. So its okay if you don't feel satisfied or happy in what others do. You simply need to find your own meaning of happiness and define it for yourself.
For me, happiness is being able to live in the present moment.
Yes, its as simple as that but still very difficult for me to fully implement it, but I am trying....
Happiness is elusive till the time we are searching for it in a permanent form, more elusive if we are looking for happiness in a 'definite form', in substance.Happiness is accessible as a way of living your life, as a habit, as a state of mind.
So answer the following questions whenever you feel anxious, uneasy, envious and the entire list of negative emotions!
- Is the thing I'm anxious about in my control?
- Will my tears solve my problem?
- If not at present then can I control this thing in the future?
- If YES, then shouldn't I become proactive and work towards solving my problem?
- If NO, then is it worth depressing myself over something that is just not in my control?
- Last but not the least, is it ethical, kind and humane to ignore how privileged I am as compared to those who are not. Those who are not privileged enough to eat whenever and whatever they want, to sleep under warm covers and soft beds, to wear comfortable and warm clothes in winters, to do what the mood says?
SO STOP BEING HARSH ON YOURSELF,
WORK TOWARDS ACHIEVING WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE ,
AND WORK ON YOURSELF!
"BE THE PERSON YOU WOULD LOVE TO BE WITH!"